Monday, November 17, 2008

Saturday Evening Out

Saturday night we had a babysitter who even managed to get lil-M to bed! Cspew and I had a very nice evening. We ate dinner at Duck and Dumpling, an Asian Bistro I'd describe as americanized vietnamese food. The food, service, and atmosphere were all outstanding. Although the Raleigh country club type was out in full force that night....maybe they always are at non-kid restaurants downtown.

Walking back to the car, we saw this on the side of a building, making the evening slightly more positive.


I just read that this projection has actually been up since Obama was in Raleigh just before the election. I'm not sure how we managed to miss it until now. Turns out the guy who owns the duck and dumpling is responsible.

I love all the hype right now. This morning I saw a framed picture of the Obama family on a colleague's desk. People are not holding back any excitement or pride!

The rest of the evening was equally good. We went to a party, caught up with a few folks we know, but also met lots of great new people. I hate to publically admit it at the risk of coming across snobbish, but it's a rare pleasure these days to come away from a party excited about pretty much everyone we met.

1 comment:

chewie said...

love that picture... and it remind me of a fun night!