Friday, October 14, 2005

To Teach or To Parent

So as of today, I officially have the opportunity to teach 1 or 2 classes this spring. (That's good news!) I'm debating on it right now and just thinking outloud here. I think it will be good teaching experience, of which I am limited, but teaching adjunct isn't exactly a career boosting job. It would, however, fill in the gap on my resume and *maybe* increase my chances at a full-time VT position (assuming I do a good job). Although it might hurt my chances if they think I'll just teach adjunct forever. Anyway, it would require lil-M to be in daycare about 15-20 hours a week. I'm not particulary opposed to daycare, in fact, I think in alot of cases it's a good thing. However, I'm not sure if a "gaining experience", "filling a gap in the resume", and not that great paying job is worth it. But, it's part time, which is a cool way to transistion lil-M into a full-time job later on.

2 comments:

Joel said...

I say go for it. It will help your resume and they won't think you'll do it forever if you are clear about it upfront. It also gives not only lil-M a transition but also you and big-M. Try it and see if it works.

r.m said...

I know an unemployed martian that you might be able to get to take care of lil-M. I hear he did a bang up job of getting her to sleep a couple of weeks ago...