Thursday, November 03, 2005

Career Stuff

This blog is turning into my career thoughts and changes blog. Sorry about that, but I'm sure they'll be even more to come as I start getting academic applications in. So, the current situation is that a consulting opportunity fell into my lap last week. This is very exciting becuase I can effectively work part time mostly whenever I choose, I can make good money, and no need to move! The only downfall is some occassional travel. Heading out of town this evening to spend Friday at a plant in PA. Huge props to the hubby and JE for taking care of lil-M while I'm gone. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but if by chance this consulting this could take off, it would be a great way to stay in the burg while working in my field. As a result I'm a bit giddy about it and better do a good job if I have any chance at a future with this.

2 comments:

Jilian said...

Very Exciting :) Don't worry about lil M, the SS will be on call :)

I'm a bit giddy about you guys staying in the burg too!

ML said...

Congrats on the opportunity!! I've seen the way you do most everything and it is pretty much always with excellence, I'm sure this will be fine. Woohoo for a little longer in the 'burg!!