Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Let the travels begin

It's that traveling time of year...at least for my generation. All of us who have left the hometown for the big city(in my case it's true!) head back for Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. When does it change over...when lil-M goes to college? Does that earn us the right to stay home? Actually the truth of the matter is I love going elsewhere. I love not having to clean, decorate, entertain guests, etc. I love being in a decorated house with family. I love not feeling the burden of things undone hanging over my head. However, I love my own bed. I'm always feeling torn.

So, it all starts Thursday for me. To NOVA for a brief pop-in on Teta; to the bay for BB's birthday bash; to Lancaster PA(for work); to OC with the GPs; to Pville PA to see GGM, cousins, aunts, and uncles; to LH PA to see more aunts, uncles, and cousins; and finally to North Canton OH for Tday with my brother's family. I'll return to my comfy bed next weekend.

Ahh...let the packing and traveling begin.

2 comments:

Jilian said...

Wow.. I'm tired just reading that!! I do love the holidays and all the time with family too :) Have fun!!

Joel said...

We'll miss you all.