Tuesday, February 07, 2006

does everyone hate skaters?

Ok, I know it's been forever, so if anyone is actually reading this, thanks for not writing me off completely.

So I have this in-class assignment in which the students had to pick an item and create some IE type charts regarding how the item would be produced. I gave them three choices, a hamburger, a skateboard, or an item of their choice. Just to make it easy, I brought my skateboard so they could see how it is constructed. All five groups selected the hamburger. I see a few possible explanations:
1. They were all hungry (the class is at 12:20).
2. There is not a single creative soul in my class....might be a long semester
3. No one wanted to 'kiss-up' to the teacher...can you really have a class without a few tools?
4. They all hate skaters.

Monday I made them talk about the logistics of the Tour de France, so maybe they just think I'm a lunatic and that's why they didn't pick the skateboard.

4 comments:

Jilian said...

I want to come to one of your classes - sounds like fun!

Jilian said...

PS - You were real close to being moved to my slackers list :)

Nastanis said...

Thanks for keeping me alive. I'll probably be back temporarily.

Joel said...

heh, heh, heh, dumb students. I admit that I woudl not have picked the skateboard but I think I woul dhave done something other than the hamburger.