Saturday, May 06, 2006

Final Exams and Graduations

I'm writing this while giving the final exam to my students. It's amazingly difficult to write an exam that actually lets the students who know the stuff prove it, without making it crazy hard or too difficult to grade. I always mess up at least one question. I forget to include something I assumed while solving it and end up with as many solutions as students. My poor TAs. I'm also feeling sorry for my students. This really sucks. Here they are on a beautiful sunny Saturday taking a really difficult exam. It sucks almost as much for me, but at least I don't have to think much. However, I'd much rather be out celebrating Joy's graduation.

Speaking of graduating. Congratulations to all my smart friends who are getting their degrees...Abbey, Joy, LPR. I'm proud of you and hope you sit back and enjoy this moment between life's phases while relishing in your respective accomplishments.

No comments: