Friday, April 14, 2006

Broken Rules

So we went away last weekend, but we didn't get back until Monday morning, so I'm really not too far overdue. I have a couple of excuses...although not very good, but potentially entertaining.
  1. When Mark and I travel, we take the P.M. (pre-M) travel time and add 30% to get our current travel time. Therefore, since we are talking about traveling here, this applied to the 48 hour rule, I get an extra half day. Guess I'm still late!
  2. I tried to post on Wednesday and Blogger wouldn't let me log in.
  3. Pictures were posted on the msn space.
  4. It was technically a work trip.

Anyway, we recently returned from a trip to Ocean City, NJ. It's nice to have parents living at the beach. I think it's slightly making up for having to grow up far from the beach. Although, I bet my surfing skills would be considerably better had I learned as a kid! Then I'd really be addicted. Unfortunately the water is way too cold to go surfing right now, unless you have the incredibles wetsuit.

The excuse for the trip was spring cleaning on the house. It rained much of the weekend, so we actually made progress on the house. Big-M played "computer-guy" and set up networks, lil-M played her usual entertainer role, and I just flew the kite and ate pizza on the boardwalk when the sun came out. We all played skeeball, including lil-M. I think big-M and mom both scored high enough to win free games. Quite the value at 10 cents a pop! My dad and I were both terrible. I'm always thoroughly entertained by the boardwalk, but the beach and the waves are still my favorite. I would argure they are the keys to the boardwalk's success.

We also had nice pit stops on the way up and back with Mark's fam in otherwise crazy NoVA. Mark's brother's wife is about to pop out a cousin for lil-M, so it's fun to see the growth!

A few pics are posted on the Space.

1 comment:

ML said...

Enjoyed the pics. She so has a little attitude in the one where she is pointing at the camera. I love it!! I should visit the boardwalk before I leave the East coast.