Thursday, March 30, 2006

Fair Weather Excercisers

Sometimes I'm a real jerk...Yesterday I was annoyed at what I would call fair weather excercisers. That is, all the people who excercise a few times a year, and it's on days like yesterday and today when it's the first warm weather in a while. My annoyance was initiated becaues of lack of trail etiquette by fair-weather excercisers. Then I just got annoyed at the whole idea. It's like trying to get your summer tan all in one weekend.

How do I know who is a fair-weather excerciser? Bad trail ettiquette (as already mentioned), Bad gear, e.g. running in sketchers and too much clothing for the weather, and finally the look of death due to lack of breadth.

Okay, now before you all really think I'm a jerk. Let me say in general I love it when people exercise or start a new excercise. Just think of the benefits: Less people stressed, and therefore, less crazy violence, road rage, etc; healthier population, and therefore, lower healthcare costs; healther people make alternative transportation easier, e.g. they actually CAN ride a bike.

Anyway, get out and excercise in this beautiful weather, just don't let this be the only time you do it.

2 comments:

Joel said...

I agree. :)

r.m said...

That's why I love running on a morning like this past Saturday - cool temps, off and on drizzle. During three hours of running I only crossed paths with a few other fools/dedicated souls.