Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Work and less blogging

My level of work requirements has finally picked up. I knew it would eventually happen, and the time has arrived. I've provided my first document to folks and now my list of demands and deadlines is looming. So today's post is just a quick collection of random thoughts.

Debate tonight...I am growing weary of the campaigns. I long ago made up my mind to vote for Obama, so the further the McCain camps gets behind and the more they resort to nasty tatics, the less tolerant I become at someone voting for McCain. Palin has really taken it all over the top for me with her ignorance lacing the attacks. I realize that republican policies are completely legit and that I'm being completely biased and unfair, but it's still tough to remain accepting. Yes, both sides play mean, but it is well document that when one falls behind, out come the real playground meanies. I hope to come away from tonight without additional resentment. My hopes are low as I read predictions that McCain will come out swinging with the dirt as a last resort. Maybe I'll be surprised!

Had a good weekend in the burg...saw lots of friends and although lacking the intensity of a big game enjoyed watching the hokies live win a football game. My belly even made the Hokievision (jumbotron). Lil-M had a great time with her friends and the pumpkin farm. It's fun to be in the mountains around fall time. Although another week or two is probably in order to get the real leaf affect. Lil-M wined last night that we haven't raked up leaves to jump in yet...the fact that the leaves were still on the trees was no consolation.

Getting your kid is swim lessons in Raleigh is like getting tickets to a basketball game. Maybe I'll camp out when the next enrollment session opens.

The more I'm in this office, the more it's like The Office. The latest...on Friday the major street by campus was going to close at 5pm for some event. A request by one office worker to leave a little early so she could get off campus, which would be somewhat difficult with the street closed, was denied because someone had to be here to answer the phone!...seriously? Maybe the thinking is that when the economy tanks you can stop offering anything nice to employees?

I wonder if #2 will have a name and/or a bed to come home to. Not yet!

No comments: